Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Who will Marry Megan?

This is one my first scripts, i had made this to perform it out in my, class. Hope all you guys out there like it. Comments would be appreciated.


Door Rings…

Mother opens the door,

Gentleman: Good day madam, is this the Raymond Residence?

Mother: Why, yes it is, and who might u be?

Gentleman: I am Roswell, and I was invited for dinner by Mr. and Mrs. Raymond for talking about my marriage. You must be Mrs. Raymond, right?

Mother: ah, Roswell, come on in, call me Nina, and here is my husband Ronald.

Father: call me Ronald; please follow me to the dinner table.

At the table,

Ayah: So, Roswell, tell me about yourself…

Roswell: Well I…

Lights darken out, setting change, over to Megan, and Harris is sitting on the table and Megan on the chair.



Megan: Harris, we have been like this for so long now. Don’t you think we should do something about it?

Harris: you know you are right, even my but is starting to hurt, why don’t we walk?

Megan: No, fool, I mean we have been dating for so long now. Don’t you think it’s time we improvise our relation?

Harris: improvise our relation? What do you mean?

Megan: as in you know we plan on getting married and stuff?

Harris: why? I mean, we are fine this way, we live life. Have fun. It’s awesome. We can think about that later no?

Megan: Sure, why not you keep thinking while my parents arrange my marriage with that Roswell guy. Then we will think about it ><

Harris: Who? That fool, He can’t tie his own shoe lace, and your parents expect him to marry you?

Megan: why, yes they do. You know he is quite cute.

Harris: uh hem, excuse me? Did I just hear the word cute from you? You never called me cute?

Megan: Yeah, cause he is and you r not. And more over he is handsome and his bank balance is also better than you. You never know when I fall for him.

Harris:  oh really?

Megan: yes, really.

Harris: Really?

Megan: yes Harris, you never know

Harris: (confused, don’t know what to say) uh, uh,          Fine, be that way (Gets up and prepares to walk away, angry, sad)

Megan: eh, eh, Harry, I was just kidding dude. How can I ever let go of you. But seriously you have to talk to my parents. You have to face them and Roswell someday.

Harris: what bout today?  Roswell is just nobody. He will be down in no time.

Megan: you are saying this as if Roswell is a weakling. You know right that he has won medals for boxing. And my parents anyways hate you.

Harris:  Roswell is nothing.

Megan:  really? What about my brother? He is in police. He can turn you in any day.

Harris: don’t worry gal. I have everything within my control all the time. And It will take more than just your bro and Roswell to take me away from ya.

Megan: Fine then, why not come over today?

Harris: sure, why not. Let’s go now.

Megan:  yeah, perfect, today Roswell is coming to dinner also. My whole family would be there. talk to them face to face.

Harris: okay, yea… (Thinks about what he heard) wait what? Roswell’s at home? Why is he coming (scared) and your brother too? I thought he was on duty.

Megan: why what happened?

Harris: nothing, umm maggy, why don’t we go tomorrow? Anyways it’s pretty late today.

Megan: why, why? Are you afraid?

Harris: yes (whispering).   (Proper voice)  I mean no, no. I ain’t afraid. Bring it on.

Maggy: okay then. let’s go…


House door approached:

Harris: (is about to knock the door, stumbles) eh, maggy. It’s your house. You knock no.

Megan: you are plain scared; here let me take the initiative. (Knock knock/ring the bell)


Inside,

Roswell: let me get the door. I bet it is Megan.

Roswell opens the door: Hey, what a pleasant surprise, we all were expecting you, where have you been?

Megan: oh I was just… (Come in, ignores him.) to parents: hi mom, hi dad.

Roswell: and look whose here? The mighty Harris! What are you doing here? You dare come here?

Harris: why? You got no right to kick me out, you don’t own this place.

Roswell: you’re right, let’s hear it from the higher authorities, shall we?

Ronald: Megan (angrily) why did you get him here? He has no business here ><. Eh, you.  Get away from my girl, and stay away from this house.

Megan: Dad, he is my love. You can’t talk to him like this

Ronald: who will stop me?

Harris: Sir, please. Stay in your cool. I am here to ask you for your daughter’s hand?

Nina: well I will give you mine, want a slap?

Harris: I can bear anything for her.

Phillip: why don’t you bear staying away from her life?

Harris: you make me

Phillip: oh yeah, I will call up the cops.

Harris: wait what, aren’t you a cop yourself?

Phillip: uhh, so what, can’t I call the cops? I surely can.

Roswell: You, stay away from her. She is mine

Harris: why don’t you win her over?

Roswell: why not, i got enough money to support all her dreams, all her life

Harris: I protect her and will protect her for all my life even beyond it, hah beat that comeback silly.

Roswell:  well, guess what, I am too awesome for her to choose you.

Harris: LOL, u can’t even tie your shoe lace, hahahahah

Roswell: where does shoe lace come from? And I can ok. (He bends down to tie it. Then he gets up and…) eh why am I even tying my shoe??? I am stupid…

Harris: oh yes u r, see u r admitting it.

Roswell: eh, u stink fool,

Harris: and you, you…

Megan to the rescue: stop it both of you. You are not kids.  We are discussing a serious matter here.

Roswell: well why don’t you tell him to shut his big mouth.

Harris: why don’t you zip it?

Nina: why don’t you two seal your lips and start behaving more mature. We are here for Megan’s marriage discussion. Think over it.

Ronald: yeah guys, grow up. If you don’t choose your wife wisely, you might end up in hell, (whispers) just like me

Nina: what did you say? I am hell to you, why couldn’t you choose that chick from your college then, you could have been happy with her.

Ronald: I didn’t say you were hell; it’s the way we live that is not so amazing.

Nina: so why don’t you tell me what is amazing?

Phillip: oh god, stop it you two. Seriously! Megan, it’s done, you are marrying Roswell. Send Harris off the hook.

Megan: no, bro. you stay within you limits. I am his, and he is mine. If you people don’t approve of it, I am leaving house.

Phillip: fine, leave. But you won’t be happy with this ruffian for more than a day, I am telling you.

Megan: He ain’t a ruffian; he has an awesome job ok. And his house is also big.

Roswell: not as big as mine.

Megan: shut up. (Roswell retreats, sad)

Phillip: If you ever want to see me happy, marry Roswell.

Megan: you want to see me marry, let me marry Harris.

Phillip: no Roswell

Megan: No Harris

Phillip: NO

Ronald: oh oh oh.  Stop all this mess, we called Roswell for dinner. Let’s enjoy our meal and then fight. I assume, Harris will also eat with us, since he has no food of his own,

Nina: you are right, I am famished, let’s eat people.

Harris: okay, okay, but tell Roswell he is going down,

Roswell: We will see

Harris: yeah we will see.
THE END




No comments:

Post a Comment