Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it really necessary to say the words “I love you” to your parents?


Most of us are lucky enough to have dad and mom, to take care of us, supervise us, and provide us with all our needs, starting from the basic up to our luxurious demands. They nourish us, and also make us who we are, and educate us the right way.  I am a boy of 16 who is going on 17 and my whole life I have been living with my parents. However, not once have I told them that I love them, never, I believe, or at least that’s what my memory tells me. But today I wonder should I express my love to them by telling them I love them.
I love my parents so much, that I can’t express it myself. It’s true that I get pissed off by them, and same goes the other way, but that doesn’t decrease our love for each other. Every morning my mom wakes me up and prepares the breakfast and school lunch, and sends me off to school. My dad goes to work every day and comes back home and helps me all the times in my difficulties. And they do all this just because they love me too much.
I on the other hand, try to help them by arranging plates on the table at dinner times or getting better results to make them proud but can’t do as much as they do for me. I love them, and I want to prove it to them by working hard. But I feel shy to directly telling them how much love I got for them.
You might be wondering, who is this guy who doesn’t even tell his own dad and mom that he loves her. But imagine this, if you have been taught your whole life, that never express your feelings and emotions by words but by action, what would you do? I am in such a situation that, I feel so awkward to even open my mouth for such words when they come in front of me.
I still remember when i was a small boy my dad would drop me off to school every day. In the evenings when my wholes family would go out, I used to sleep in between my dad and mom, on the motor bike, and my mom would happily carry me, being so heavy since small. Whenever I would get sick, my mom would sit up late and provide me warm water shakes, medicines etc.
Even today my parents aid me to their complete potential. And I try my best to return the affection, but I lack several skills in it. So I feel like going to them and expressing my feelings to them about how much I love them. Time moves by really fast, just yesterday I feel like it was my first day in school, and today is the 2nd last year of my school life. I feel life’s too short and we all should tell our loved ones how much we care about them. I believe most of your stories are also similar to mine in some way or the other. So I want you to go out there to your mom or dad who is in the next room and tell them how big a chamber of your heart is allocated just for your parents. If they don’t live with them or you don’t have the courage to tell them, write it, in a nice letter confessing your thoughts and ideas to them. If you are an adult, I recommend you to immediately take care of your parents and express your feelings to them. God forbid, but you never know when a mishap might occur in any of our lives. Such a bug tragedy can leave you startled and you may never get a chance. So take the chance now and go make a change. Trust me, if you express your love, your relationships would become even stronger than before.
I got this pleasant idea from a chain Facebook status of a conversation which is given below:

 At 3 years old we say: “Mommy, I love you”.

At 10: “Mom whatever!”

At 16:”My mom is so annoying”!

At 18: “I wanna leave this house”

At 25:”Mom, you were right”

At 30: “I wanna go back to my Mom’s house”.

At 50: “I don’t wanna lose my Mom”.

At 70: “I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mom to be here with me”.

You only have one Mom. Like this if you couldn’t live without your mom ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment